The History of Cedar Bluffs
On a rainy morning on July 26, 1886 near an old corn crib in northern Saunders County, a group of spectators stood around a wagon while potential buyers stood in all kinds of shade from the rain storm. Agent Whitney, from the Townsite Co., auctioned off individual lots to the eager buyers who claimed ownership now known as the various businesses and buildings on Main Street. Within days newly framed businesses sprung up on the new Main Street that still exists today. This new town of Cedar Bluffs was the only link between Fremont and
Today the village has a population of approximately 620 residents with an agriculture base for its citizens as a source of income. The village is managed by a 5 member board which includes the Village Chairman.
The origin of the name of Cedar Bluffs has had many versions. The site was originally part of the Pohocco precinct. “Pahuk” meaning: Holy Hill and “Pohoc” meaning: very bluffy.
For more information please visit our website by clicking on the link attached to this page!